Lance Metcalf handles primarily business and M&A transactions for both individual and business clients. He advises clients on all the major issues related to the formation of a business entity. Additionally, Lance prepares and reviews contracts, which include shareholder agreements, buy / sell agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, commercial leases, employment agreements, and real estate contracts.
With extensive experience as both an Attorney and Certified Public Accountant, Lance advises clients on business transaction, litigation, and taxation matters. The combination of diverse legal, accounting and taxation experiences allows him to provide clients with extensive and well rounded advice on business matters. He is also available to assist clients with business and general civil litigation issues.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Mediator
- Angelo State University (BBA in Accounting, 1991) (cum laude)
- Texas Tech University (MBA, 1996)
- Baylor University School of Law (JD, 2001) (Baylor Law Review)
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas (Member of Business Law Section)
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- United States District Court – Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
- Author – “Can the IRS Attach a Federal Tax Lien To a Taxpayer’s Inheritance After the Taxpayer Executes a Valid Disclaimer of the Inheritance?”, 52 Baylor Law Review 681, 2000.